Monday, January 9, 2012

Top Ramen Upgrade!

Who doesn't love Top Ramen? It's cheap, filling, comes in a variety of flavors and cooks up quick. However, my husband finds it mundane, boring and in need of work. It caught me off guard tonight when he asked for it for dinner. I knew he wasn't feeling well and I knew this was a chance to "fix" it so he might like it just a little bit.

He loves traditional Chinese hot and sour soup, so I was attempting to make something along the same line. I think I got it pretty close, but play with the flavors on this and I'm sure you'll come up with something just as delicious, if not better.




Improved Top Ramen

1 package Top Ramen- Lime Chili Shrimp Flavor
3 cups water
1 celery stalk, chopped with leaves
1/3 cup matchstick carrots
2 green onions, chopped light green parts only
2 white mushrooms, stem removed and tops sliced
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs white wine
1 tbs rice vinegar
1 green onion, chopped green part only

Remove flavoring pack from package and add to 3 cups water in saucepan. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT noodles and chopped green parts of onion. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust any seasoning as needed. You may need to add more soy sauce or vinegar according to your taste preference.  Add noodles and cook until desired tenderness. Serve in bowl with remaining green onions on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment