Monday, October 24, 2011

Veggie Pizza

I came up with this simple and quick pizza because I had leftover vegetables sitting in the refrigerator. It's become a favorite with my kids and they actually request that I make it. Yes, it uses an already made sauce and pizza shell, but it's suppose to be a simple meal for a night you really don't want to cook.


1 Ready made pizza shell, I use Mamma Mary's
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons tomato& basil Alfredo sauce, I use Francesco Rinaldi
1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup each of shredded mozzarella, cheddar and asiago cheeses
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/4 cup each of chopped green and red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped broccoli
1.4 cup matchstick carrots
1/4 cup chopped red onion
handful fresh spinach

Preheat oven to temperature on pizza shell package
Spread olive oil over pizza shell and top with Alfredo sauce, red pepper flakes, black pepper and cheeses. Layer vegetables, top with a little more cheese if desired and bake according to package instructions.


Now, how simple was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment