Sunday, November 20, 2011

Spinach & Sausage Quiche

I got up this Sunday morning before anyone else so I could start making breakfast. I enjoy waking everyone up with the delicious smells of sausage, bacon, eggs and whatever else I decide to make.

This morning I decided on quiche. It's easy to make, easy to clean up, makes a pretty presentation and my family loves it. I made this one with sausage and spinach but you can throw in almost anything you want. If you are one of those that has to top everything with some sort of sauce then I suggest Hollandaise. It goes well with most egg and vegetable dishes.





1 Frozen deep dish pie shell
8 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Dried mustard
1/2 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
1 Link Smoked sausage, chopped
1 Cup Fresh Spinach, chopped
1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
1/4 Cup Swiss or Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded


Preheat oven to 375°

In a bowl, whisk together eggs thru black pepper until frothy. Stir in remaining ingredients and carefully pour into pie shell. Bake until done, about an hour, or until a knife inserted into middle comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment